Global Variables

The following is posted for a friend. Any help would be appreciated. He is
using TS2000 and has found that using data1 and data2 results in excessively
slow updates. The recalculations seem to occur at each tick even though
"update every tick" is not checked. This is being used in a trading system.

"How do you send the results of a analysis of a indicator from one
workspace data set into a analysis of a indicator in another different
data set workspace? I do not want to trying to set the data sets in the
same workspace. I would like to access global variables and pass the
result between workspaces. "

Thank You

Rob