[RT] Re: Where are... {03}

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN"><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<STYLE></STYLE>

</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Correction:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>The wavetraiders newsgroup solicitation was not posted
here.&nbsp; It was posted on misc.invest.futures.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Henry</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 solid 2px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
    <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><B>-----Original Message-----</B><BR><B>From:
    </B>Henry R. Heiczereder &lt;<A
    href="mailto:heicz@xxxxxxxxx";>heicz@xxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>To: </B><A
    href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>
    &lt;<A
    href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>Date:
    </B>Wednesday, December 08, 1999 11:43 PM<BR><B>Subject: </B>[RT] Re: Where
    are... {02}<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>The only comment that I can make is that I
    joined a newsgroup for about a week and got tired of listening(reading) to
    the top guys there about how good they were.&nbsp; I quit last night.&nbsp;
    One of the guys was Bryce Gilmore.&nbsp; And they are like gods.&nbsp; I
    wonder if I could get a little carpentry work off of those guys because I
    think that they need to be in a room by themselves so that they can bask in
    their glory.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT><FONT size=2>Waves be sacred
    man.&nbsp; The caretaker of the newsgroup(not Bryce) said that he makes a
    living trading.&nbsp; In the next sentence he said that he gives 'all' his
    money to charity.&nbsp; He also suggested that any new members send $120 to
    his address in Washington so that he could give this to the poor.&nbsp; This
    was posted on this NG about 8 - 10 days ago.&nbsp; Later the boys on the NG
    figured out that some dickhead had posted it.&nbsp; I asked the caretaker of
    the group(let's call him the custodian) if this post was accurate.&nbsp; He
    said that everything was accurate except there was one phrase that wasn't
    accurate and that was:&nbsp; 'dickheads need not sign on to this NG.'&nbsp;
    So his solicitation of funds to help the poor(supply money to surgeons in
    Kosovo so that they could get supplies etc.) was true.&nbsp; Like I'll give
    to whom I want and when I want.&nbsp; They be wingnuts 'n shit over
    there.</FONT></DIV>
        Message-----</B><BR><B>From: </B>Scot Billington &lt;<A
        href="mailto:scot.billington@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>scot.billington@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>To:
        </B><A
        href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>
        &lt;<A
        href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>Date:
        </B>Wednesday, December 08, 1999 8:07 PM<BR><B>Subject: </B>[RT] Where
        are... {01}<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
        <DIV><FONT size=2>...Gann and Gilmore's enormous fortunes.&nbsp; Gann,
        who allegedly made $50<BR>million in the 20s-30s trading futures, would
        have a fortune of $1.6 billion<BR>if it earned 6% from then until
        now.&nbsp; Where is all this money?&nbsp; Gilmore has<BR>been around
        selling books, seminars, and programs for over 10 years.&nbsp; He
        has<BR>obviously sold tons of them as it has kept him alive.&nbsp; Out
        of all of those<BR>students, why are none of them big time money
        managers today?&nbsp; I am looking<BR>for one disciple.&nbsp; Before
        anyone starts in on the regular retorts, which I<BR>ADMIT have SOME
        merit, do not forget that 15 years ago Dennis and Eckhardt<BR>taught
        their methods to 24 people and 4 of them are among the largest
        CTAs<BR>in the world today.&nbsp; Both the teachers are too.&nbsp; How
        many gazillions of<BR>people have read Gann books and Gilmore's
        stuff?&nbsp; Are any of them successful<BR>CTAs?&nbsp; Out of all the
        authors and experts on Gann, why are none of them<BR>money
        managers?&nbsp; Why do they continue to sell books?&nbsp; I could see
        selling<BR>some to finance a trading nest egg, but the authors and names
        are the same.<BR>A lot of them do well in letter writing contests and
        some even win little<BR>trading tournaments.&nbsp; I don't doubt that
        there will be multiple replies to<BR>this talking about the author's
        600% return in two weeks after drawing a<BR>Gann angle (which by the way
        crosses different points depending on the size<BR>of your graph paper
        and how much you assign to each box.).&nbsp; None of those<BR>repliers
        will have been successful over 10 years.&nbsp; None will have an
        NFA<BR>audited track record.&nbsp; They will be plenty mad and plenty
        sure of<BR>themselves.<BR><BR>There are certainly an infinite number of
        ways to make money in the markets.<BR>I am open to the possibility that
        ANY type of method could produce an edge.<BR>I'll test anything.&nbsp;
        Some of you should perhaps open your mind to the<BR>possibility that
        Gann/Gilmore/Elliott Wave/Time and price etc. do not create<BR>an edge
        and merely produce random trades.&nbsp; Many of your successful
        examples<BR>are the ultimate form of curve
        fitting.<BR><BR>sb<BR><BR></FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Tue Dec 07 22:00:10 1999