[RT] Re: Advice Wanted: S&P Training -- Trade Tudor, NATT, Other? {02}

Brian Keith Voiles wrote:

> After having traded the S&P for one-year (a mixture of paper, e-mini's, and
> full contract) I've been considering taking
> the Trade Tutor program.  I'm also looking at NATT... I've already taken
> TCI's $6,000 seminar and have studied
> George Angel fairly in depth.
>
> I've had marginal success over the past year... all in all I've made 9.2%
> on my money -- that's just counting earnings
> and doesn't take into consideration the data feed, software, training,
> books, and other expenses.  All and all I'm sure I
> must be in the hole.  I'm currently studying "Peak Performance Course for
> Traders" by Tharp, and his newest book.  I've read Market Wizards, Trading
> for a Living, both Mark Douglas Books, The Intuitive Trader, Zen in the
> Markets, Street Smarts, Exceptional Trading: the Mind Game, Dynamic Trading
> by Miner (difficult for my right brain to grasp),  etc.
>
> Overall I'm an infant in this game.  I love it though.  My current business
> allows me to trade/study all day.... so I'm able to really focus on this
> effort.  I know I can succeed (my goal is to net $10,000 per month
> day-trading the S&P).  I currently have $25,000 in my account... it's been
> as high as $72,000 and as low $6,500.
>
> I'm looking to polish my "edge"... I'm looking to master this art form.  I
> love trading, and am very passionate about it.
> I'd like to know how to "take it to the next level".  More than anything
> I've been working on the mental game... but am
> interested in learning and soaking-up all that I can.
>
> Thanks for your assistance in advance.
> Warmly,
> Brian Keith Voiles

      The way to take your pursuit to a higher level (I presume you mean more
successful?) is to forget
about your love for trading and start loving profits. Concentrate of what makes
money. Sounds to me
like you have much spare time on your hands and trading is a fun way to fill
the day?  Now you must
make a decision if you are in this for the exitement or for the money. If its
excietment you seek, the money really doesn't matter. If it is profit you seek,
you won't need to trade so much as you will be
very selective about trading and will need to seek another hobby.
       I also recommend finding a someone who makes at least 50% of their
income from successfully trading and not from selling books or trading systems.
Offer to pay this person to share their methodology and or sit with them for a
week or more to watch them trade. This potentially could save you 5 to 20 years
on the learining curve and who knows how many peroids of blood, sweat, and
tears.

Dispassionately,

Norman