[realtraders] Tech analysis - waste of time? {03}

Such articles discrediting TA are published time and again by
non-practicioners who never delved deep into the subjectand neither they
ever will. Their approach is to consider TA in a rather piecemeal
manner--like taking the Head & Shoulders pattern that too not in its
entirety--which by no means is not the right approach to investigate any
hypothesis or theory.

Initially, while being a fundamental analyst, I too used to dismiss it in
the same vein. Now having studied the subject and using it for professional
activities I am convinced it has got lot of value and is worth pursuing.

I have learnt to have an open mind and test any interesting idea thoroughly
before dismissing it the way even today TA is being dubbed as useless.

In this context, those who are willing to read such articles and/or
materials should read the latest and revised edition of Burton Malkiel's
'Random Walk Down the Wall Street' in which the author argues with renewed
vigour that both fundamental and technical analyses are useless. He also has
his own statistics to bolster his case.

By the Steven, you wrote that Wharton and MIT are about to start teaching
TA--when and in which program, could you just let me know?

Rajat K Bose