Re: option quotes

>You may want to check out WWW.Primate.com

I was a Primate user for 18 months ending last March.  If
a person is looking for option information on a bunch of
stocks, then Primate software may be a poor choice.

Problems:
  + They only give out quotes if the particular contract
      you request is traded that day.
  + As the holes increase because of missing days, the
     download times increase.  This forced me to delete
      contracts regularily and start over.
  + There is no way to get a option chain.  Each contract
      strike and month must be constructed individually.
  + For large downloads, the system would time out and
      log me off.  This resulted in many long phone calls
      to the the data.  I finally broke my download into
      five pieces and would call for each piece to solve
      this problem.

I solved most of my problems by using their ASCII file
format and writing software tools to construct the files
I needed.  I'd run these tools a couple times a week, but
it was a pain.

== Rob ==