Fw: The Beans

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Sent this message last night but as I had not
updated my email address it did not go through....</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><B>-----Original Message-----</B><BR><B>From:
</B>Anthony Denis Cattani &lt;<A
href="mailto:dcattani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>dcattani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>To:
</B>Realtraders &lt;<A
href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>Date:
</B>02 December, 1998 10:14 PM<BR><B>Subject: </B>The Beans<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Hi there All:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Although I read a lot of the posts to this list,
I very seldom have a chance to contribute. I see there was a post this a.m.
about the bean market.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>As an oilseed trader, I would like to add my two
cents.....maybe three...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>This rally in the oilseeds...from the
bottom....was in part engineered by the funds. Shortly after the beans bottomed,
a very large European fund established a very large soybean position that seemed
to start the market off into rally mode. Along the way the North American fund
traders have been in and out of the market a couple of times. As I trade mainly
Canola, and since it is a very commercial market, I will refer to it's chart.
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>The first leg up was bought, and driven heavily
by the funds. The correction from this move was swift and rapid and panicked
most of the longs into selling near the lows with a loss.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>The second leg up saw a little less fund
involvement and most of the longs went into very strong hands. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>The third leg up again saw heavy fund buying
with large additions to the longs. Most of these positions were bought
aggressively.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Then came the Thanksgiving Holiday. Richard
Denis' first love is beans. Coming off a very profitable yen position where it
is felt he made close to 100 mill., it is my opinion that he was back to his old
tricks by buying heavily in the bean market the day after Thanksgiving. The set
up was perfect. A lot of the trade was away, the market was thin, the stops were
waiting. Good old shoot from the hip trading can still work, and here we are,
moving on up.....</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Will it hold? My guess is maybe for the very
short term, maybe if the weather in South America cooperates. In the mid to
longer term, no. The fundamentals are not there. The weekly charts, at least in
Canola will break the accelerating support line next week. If the Canola market,
which is already overpriced, starts to break, it will take the bean oil, and
then the beans with it. Oh, since most of you do not watch the canola market, it
quite often leads the beans. Why, because it's a commercial market, without the
extra 'noise' that the bean trade has.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>It is way to early for a weather market to develop in S.
America. If it stays dry the market will still be vulnerable to manipulation to
the upside by the funds. But, they are playing a dangerous game. The first sign
of a good general rain and look out below. As an added fact, isn't it
interesting that for the past week we have not been able to get reliable weather
reports out of Brazil? Just a coincidence you say......</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>The long term monthly charts of Canola still point to one more
leg down. In probability it will be a nice sized drop of 50 to 80 dollars. I am
expecting this to begin early next year. The only thing that will negate the
scenario is major weather problems in S. America. The bean oil and the beans
will follow. IF and WHEN that leg in complete, then we will be in a very long
buy and hold situation. Starting in late 1999 or early 2000 inflation will start
to slowly creep back in. This will be the ride that most of us have waited for.
It will rival the commodities run of the seventies. I expect beans in the high
upper teens, crude oil in the 50 to 80 dollar area, and God forbid, our mail
boxes flooded with hundreds of letters about why we should all buy gold.
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>That is the way that I see it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Disclaimer: These are my own opinions, and are not put forward
to suggest or recommend positions in any of the markets mentioned</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>As a post script.....I know that this has been brought up many
times in the past, but I am looking for a reliable end of day data provider. I
am adding software and I do not want to interfere with my on line systems. I
have checked out most of the providers and am still in a fog. The best deal I
came across was the options software that included a full year of data with the
software for $595.00 </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. I used to
download TechTools, but since they changed their format I find the set up not my
liking.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Profitable trading all.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Anthony Denis Cattani.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Thu Dec 03 15:19:53 1998