Re: Market Profile from CBOT

Another option for Market Profile is Windotrader.  Unlike the Easy Language
market profile packages, Windotrader is stand alone, and links to
tradestation via dde. (it also links directly to Signal, BMI, or a dde feed)
, it allows splitting of profiles, and can display tic profiles next to
regular 30 min profiles (like CQG).  It also can color profile rows
according to volume- (hi, med, low).  Finally, it can scroll vertically, and
resize/rescale profiles much easier than the omega profile packages.  In
short, its a better package for the more serious market profile user.  I'd
recommend demo-ing the packages, and then decide what works for you.

http://www.windotrader.com

As far as Capflow, Steidlmayer has created a proprietary algorithm that
databases market activity according to distributions.  Unlike a bar chart,
which has a beginning and end determined by a fixed time interval, his
algorithm creates bars that have a beginning and end determined by his
theory of distributions.  Very interesting work, and the software is also
very capable.  Its also very expensive, and will require a lot of study to
get up to speed.  A good way to see if his approach is for you, is to read
his latest book, 141 West Jackson.

http://www.steidlmayer.com

Regards,

Chris Lober