Re: GEN (FUTR): opening prices

The markets often do take a couple of minutes to find value on the open for
just the reasons you ask about.  Just about all markets either have a cash,
globex, or related overseas market that trades overnight and gives some idea
of the opening level.  The locals in the pit use this to give opening
"calls" before the market opens.  There are often a few "leading" locals or
brokers whom others follow, especially in option.  The smaller locals will
wait until they here a market from the bigger locals and then they just
follow along.  The locals and brokers talk just before the market is
beginning to open to get a better idea where it will be, but in the end it
is just a feel that a good broker develops in sensing what orders to work
and what prices to try to fill the market orders at.

Eric