Re: GEN (FUTR): limits on entry prices?

I trade some systems of the same length, but regardless of the length, you
are right in your sense that it makes little difference.  The entry
technique is the LEAST important part of the system.  People have a very
difficult time accepting this.  Exit strategy and money management are much
more important than the entry.
Yes, you should test it if you can, but I think you will find very little
difference over time.  Just be consistent and use the technique that makes
the most sense to you.
I am a trendfollower and I used to enter Market on open after a signal, but
it nagged me that I wasn't always entering "with" the trend, so now I use
stops to enter a tick above the previous close (for longs).  This insures
at least some tiny momentum with the trend.  Some fills are worse, some are
better, it probably doesn't affect performance in the long run, but I feel
better about it so it is worth it.

Good Luck,
Eric