Re: Fibonacci History

It's a good thing our friend Harley didn't take math in school or use it in
real life. I.e.,

   I think the Fib series probably starts out as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5 .. . etc.
rather than his arbitrary  - "For example 0, 1, 1, 3, 5, 8,... is defined to
be the fibonacci sequence." And his requirements for exactitude are
misleading, rather than using what is "good enough for all practical
purposes," as my high school physics teacher used to say. (I guess Al Unger
has also pointed out the use and application of the ratios limit rather than
the series itself.) But then, I was a tennis bum in school and probably won't
learn any better.  Larry Z.  Seattle.