GEN:More Confused than Ever?

First let me say thank-you DOCTOR and Norman for your input.  If you would both indulge me a bit more, I would like to ask your opinion on one other item relating to this topic.  (1st amendment as it applies to newsletters).  Doctor, do I understand you correctly that the individual states may turn out to be the most difficult hoop(s)  that a newsletter publisher must jump through in order to be completely legal with regard to registration. ( That's 50 hoops in all )  Based on the talk you hear, would/does this require some type of blue-sky registration in all 50 states if a publication is going to be distributed in all 50, or is there some type of blanket registration that can be done. I remember when I was a broker in Texas, most of us were blue-skied in all the adjacent states, but having to meet some type of registration in all 50 just to publish a newsletter seems incredibly burdensome, perhaps to the point of making newsletters a thing of the past. ( of course this would!
!
n't be the first time that a state or federal agency has relegated a business to the scrap heap due to over regulation )

Also, I recognize that your input is your opinion, and not legal advise, so don't be afraid that I will take it as such.  (It's a whacky world we live in when one must include a disclaimer with an email note...don't you think )  If you think the other RTs have tired of this thread, please respond privately.
Norman, this was addressed primarily to the Doctor but feel free to inject your opinion as well.

Thanks !
Bill Shumake