Re: GEN:More Confused than Ever?

THE DOCTOR wrote:

> Bill,
>
> This is too lengthy and too narrow a topic for the forum.  I'm posting
> to the forum so we stop beating a dead horse.  I've e mailed you my # at
> CBOE...call me and we'll talk about it.
>
> I called a buddy at the NASD this after and asked him the status of the
> regulatory issues and he said that the guidelines for the SEC, NASD and
> CFTC have all been established and distributed to their members.
>
> He also said that "as far as he knows" there are currently dozens of
> actions in work so...who knows.  I'll collar him and buy him a cocktail
> next time I pass thru D.C. to find out what is public on this issue.
>
> Regulatory actions don't really become public until they are completed.
> You might want to contact your regulator(or feared regulator..which
> sounds like the real issue)and obtain their guidelines.
>
> THIS IS A DEAD HORSE ISSUE>>>>>>>>APPARENTLY THE RULES ARE THERE ALREADY

NW: My last comment on this is that the regulatory bodies can make all
the rules they want but that it doesn't mean that they are
constitutionally correct. Rather than asking the regulatory bodies what
their spin on this is, maybe we should be asking a constitutional 1st
ammnedment lawyer the latest on this? The U.S. Supreme Court has the
final say.

Finally,

Norman