Re: New Futures Contracts: Mini S&P500

Hal Guentert wrote:

> I am interested in day trading the new CME Mini S&P500 futures and
> possibly the CBOT Dow Jones futures. Does anyone have any suggestions
> on how long to wait or what to look for before begining to use them?
>
> I am wondering if there will be a period time before the new contract
> and option volume stabilize that you might get some unexpected market
> prices, or is the mini S&P500 contract designed to stay in synch with
> the standard S&P500 futures contract prices? I have not received the
> information requested from the exchanges yet.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hal Guentert, MBA

In my opinion, the mini will be more active from the beginning than the
Dow.
Also, because the mini and the regular spoo are based on the same cash
index, they should track each other well.  Also, there are globex terms
set up in the mini pit for locals to sit down and arb between the big
spoo and the mini to keep them in line.
The only exception will be overnight when the mini is trading but the
big spoo is not.

Eric