New Futures Contracts: Mini S&P500

I am interested in day trading the new CME Mini S&P500 futures and possibly the CBOT Dow Jones futures. Does anyone have any suggestions on how long to wait or what to look for before begining to use them?
I am wondering if there will be a period time before the new contract and option volume stabilize that you might get some unexpected market prices, or is the mini S&P500 contract designed to stay in synch with the standard S&P500 futures contract prices? I have not received the information requested from the exchanges yet.
Thanks,

Hal Guentert, MBA President Paragon Trading Corporation 2914 Gainesborough Drive San Antonio, TX 78230 210 530-0265/fax 530-0272