MKT: sentiment - more bulls

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment survey.
The survey was taken from 8/25 thru 8/31 on our web site. If you would
like to participate in this weeks survey/contest, stop by
<http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm> .

30 day outlook:

53% bullish,  53% last week
23% bearish,  27% last week
23% neutral,  20% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Average guess for the DJIA closing value on Friday, 9/5: 7782   (it
was 7827 last week). More complete sentiment data is available at
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

This week's numbers are again surprising for their bullishness. There
was little change from last week; bulls stayed even at 53%, bears
dropped 4% to 23%, and the neutral camp picked up 3% to 23%. This
seeming calm in the face of more losses in the stock market last week
has us a bit unnerved. With the DJIA and the SP500 both resting near
their lows on this down move, our sentiment numbers are decidedly
bullish. These are not the type of numbers that have us looking for a
bottom.

We now have three sponsors for our contest this week. Weekly winners
will now receive a two month subscription to the Early Bird Club at
the Short Term Stock Selector AND a one year subscription to The Blue
Star List AND a one year subscription to Jack's Picks.

If you would like to try this weeks "Guess the Dow" contest, stop by
our site at: <http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm> .

regards,
Jeff Walker
mailto:jwalker@xxxxxxxxxxx