Re: trade secrets

Robert Pisani wrote:

Robert,

  Thanks for a very good post. But, you missed a major counter point
to your arguement of every trader being a human sponge. The market
has a psychological safety valve to this. What is that? I am glad you
asked. If I could right now post the proof for the "Holy Grail" trading
system which would virtually guaranteed to make everyone trading one S&P
contract $1 mil. in the next six months, 90% would either discard or
ignore it. These people are closed minded and are not willing to
research every avenue to become successful, which is what it takes. They
are not willing to pay the price for success. They want someone to do it
for them, then they want a free ride and will find a way to screw up
that.
These people somehow don't feel that they deserve to be successful or
are not willing to do what it takes to become successful. These folks
we can call Primo Losers. <g>  Of the remaining 10%, half would listen
but soon loose interest because it requires doing ten minutes of
homework each day and then managing the buy/sell orders. We can call
these
folks Inspired Losers. They think they would like to be successful and
even entertain the thought of doing what it takes, but then they chicken
out. Of the 5 out of 100 left, 3 would try it, ask a few questions, and
find a way to screw up the system so they would lose money and quit in
disgust. I call these people  Moths. They like to fly near the light but
it also scares them so they fly away if they get too close. Their
subconscience sabotage's their noble intentions by not allowing them to
either listen, execute instructions, or have the discipline to
persistently pursue their goal. Out of 100 people, that leaves 2. 1 of
these two will do everything required, make money, and then after a
short while, decide it doesn't fit their style. Call these folks
Acrophobiacs
because the are afraid of the heights of success. That leaves 1 out
of 100 who can investigate a successful system, ask necessary follow up
questions, and pursure a successful plan in a disciplined and persisent
manner in order to achieve success. Call this person a Winner.
  The above is based on real life experiences. I have often been a
speaker at trading conferences. I have had over 100 people in a room
at a time. Usually most of these folks choose to hear me vs. going
to another lecture, so they are there by choice. I have often laid out
future trades, which market, the exact date, etc. Seldom do I ever hear
from anyone as to whether these trades where right or wrong. I have
video tapes of my lectures where I laid out many very successful trades
in advance. Very few ever contact me after the seminar. In a rational
world, one would think that if you found the goose who could lay the
golden egg for you, you would want to keep in touch with that goose. But
that is not the case. Typically only a few do this. I have outlined the
typical profile of what happens above. This is the market's safety
valve. Most people will not do what it takes to be successful. In fact,
I beleive that 90% of people are walking around in a trance totally
unaware of most of what is going around them. They sleep walk their way
thru life. All they know is how to get to their job, how to get home,
and what's on TV. This is why I don't worry about offering to teach my
market techniques to
the public. I know that out of 100, only 10 will have the discipline
to finish the course. Of those 10, less than 5 will follow thru to
go to the next step of applying this knowlegdge and do further study.
Therefore, I get paid 100 times over to actually only have a a few learn
and use my approch. The market info biz is just like the pits where
95% subsidize, support, and benefit the remaining 5%. Its very sporting
and generous of those folks to do this, don't you think?
    I have also found that the more open and freely I give out
information, the less likely people are to listen. People don't value
what they get for free. This is why it is a service to a student of
the markets to pay for what they get. Because I posted this for free,
I don't expect anyone to remember it for more than 5 seconds...well
there
may be one out of a hundred. <G>

Exceptionally,

Norman

P.S. To the one out of one hundred, I will be a speaker at the 10th
Annual Astro-Economic Conference, Oct. 18-19, 1997, Chicago, IL. There
will be 20 expert speakers on Astro-trading related topics. If you
think you may be interested in this conference, please e-mail me
and ask for AEC information. Please indicate if you want to receive
information via e-mail or a brochure via snail mail. Please include your
names, address, and telephone number. Thanks.