Re: MKT Elliot Wave Count on SPI

My Elliott observation on the small section of Australian market chart is
that it would be rather unlikely the initial "down", and then the "up" could
be considered as A then B.  It is far more common in my view to have some
"alternation" (some difference) between the waves.  A should differ from B in
either price size, or time.  The two wave depicted in the chart are almost
identical in both. Very rare.

It is possible the A wave is correct, and you are still in the process of
developing B.

It is difficult to judge these waves without more history, as wave develop in
a logical progression, and I don't have past data.

As to the length of a possible C, if and when it does develop, the length of
B should be of help when it has completed.  A strong B implies C would
probably have a hard time retracing all of B, and a weak B sets up the
probability of a fibonacci variable of A to the downside.  It could equal A
(1 is a fibonacci number), it could be 1.618, 2.618, or even 4.24 as happened
in 1987.  The length of B is the key.

Peter