Re: MKT Elliot Wave Count on SPI

>Clement,
>
>Sounds like you are turning yourself inside out with getting down in to too
>much Elliott details.  Look at the big picture:

Elliott does look at the big picture, and every other time frame you
care to look at David.  The big picture though is of little use to
short term traders.  I know you trade, but your comments clearly
indicate you are not trading short terms swings.

>The SPI always carries on with the party after the Dow/S&P have given up
>the ghost.

Very dangerous statement..PERIOD.   The IS NO 'always'.  You must
assess each situation as it comes.  Following this view you will
eventually end up in the bankruptcy courts.

>The SPI has a 3 wave corrective structure on downside.

>From where?????..what timeframe ?????

>In 1987 SPI topped on Eclipse 21 Sep.  The Dow ignored this point and did
>not go to new highs. We have an eclipse on 1 Sep which coincides with a
>very important CycleTrader CycleFinder Routine day cluster on 31 Aug & 1
>Sep.
>
>The SPI's real target areas are 2820 and 2940.
>
>The Year 7 is the year for the correction to start.  The Mass Pressure
>Chart has already turned down and confirmed for the DOW.
>
>So, what we are seeing is make or break time.  My money is that SPI tries
>higher while Dow & S&P fail to go higher (ie have a re-test of previous
>hhighs) and we have the classic set up for a larger scale correction into
>late November to mid December - I reiterate no crash!!! Everyone remembers
>it even the most ardent bulls.

What are you saying here???  There are so many conflicting statements,
or perhaps you just presented your case in a confusing mnanner.  Are
you bullish..bearish..???  Do we buy the current dip on your date?  Do
we sell it because the Dow is topping out????  1997 is largely
over...are we still expecting 1997 to be a pullback year..????

>So Clement, Its a 4th Wave correction SPI Is now in a final 5th.

Ahhhh...so you do use Elliott after all, just after telling us to not
use it.  And, as I said to Clement, the current decline IS NOT a 4th
wave.  I will almost guarantee that.
You also believe the 4th is over....so the current dip today to 2597
must be a raging buy with a stop below 2581...is that correct????

>Don't know if it helps but I get real confused if I try tyo do XYZs, Flats
>etc.  better to label Impulse and correction.  Saves time too!

NO DAVID....it is better to put the CORRECT wave count on the chart.
There is only one correct count...the RIGHT one.  That means labelling
it exactly as it should be.  The slapdash approach may seem to work
much of the time, but it will let you down at the most critical stage,
when an important turn is about to happen.

>Regards
>David

Sorry to be so hard on you David..*s*

Regards