Re: GEN FUTR: The S&P500 "Split"

In a message dated 97-08-18 12:50:03 EDT, havmann@xxxxxxxxxx (Kim Havmann)
writes:

<< Dear Real Traders,

 As you already know, the S&P 500 is about to be "split" (for lack of a
better term). There is, however, some confusion / rumor as to the date that
this will occur. I have heard that the official date of the split is Sept. 9,
1997, I have also heard that it will not occur until the December 97
contract, and I have heard that it could happen at any time ????? >>
THe new "e-mini" starts on sept 9. They are still building the pit right now.
It looks real nice, bigger than I thought. The split I hear will occur with
the dec contract, so that will also start in sept with the rollover.