Re: FUTR- S&P Mini

Tom,
I guess we can agree to disagree on the risk of being a floor broker vs
an off floor broker.

I also wasn't suggesting that you bundle orders on stops, but rather if
you have 15 minis on for a client, you could place a stop in the big
SPOO pit for a 3 lot.  Again, I am assuming they will be fungible; but
even if they are not, I am sure the market in the spread would be very
tight.

If anyone else is reading this thread, I'd like your opinion too.  Is
the .25 tick size in the mini vs.  .10 in the new SPoo a problem for
your customers??

I plan to do some day trading in the mini for my own account, but I am
concerned that the public won't like it because of the extra costs and
slippage, so I am trying to gauge the interest.  Any interest in the
mini options??

On the terminal, I guess I am not surprised that they don't want IB's
with terminals.  The clearing firms are scared about the risk when you
can just enter orders on your own.  Just like many areas of this
business, a few bad apples have spoiled it for the rest.  Assuming you
have a good rep with your clearing firm, I would call them, they might
allow you to have one of their terms.

Eric