Re: GEN: Robert Miner & DTG

RL2946@xxxxxxx wrote:

>      Realtraders,
>
>      Here is a vote of commendation for Robert Miner,
> and Dynamic Trader's Group.  For the money, his
> Dynamic Trading Course is fairly priced, at least with
> the special still on; includes six months of monthly e-mail or a shorter term
> weekly e-mail trading update.
> The trading course is comprehensive of price, ratio,
> and time analysis, some new twists with time regarding months most likely to
> provide a change in
> trend; very heavy into Elliott Wave, yet he writes 'EW
> only evident about half the time in the markets --
> if not evident, don't trade it'.  There was a 30 day
> money back guarantee when I ordered the course,
> and they throw in a nifty full-fledged analytical program
> to boot!  I have yet to involve myself with the software
> extensively, but it does work well with my Metastock
> data files.  The projected times are not as profligate
> as in the NP, but are dynamic cycles (DTG).
>      I was satisfied with the trading manual alone,
> for the money I paid.  If you know all about price and
> time and ratios allready, it may be overkill.  There is
> a lot of studying involved.  Is that a bad thing?
> He is very heavy into Elliott.  Check out his free weekly
> trade at dynamictraders.com, usually comes out on a
> monday evening.
>
>      Best wishes,
>
>      Rory Lewellen        RL2946@xxxxxxx

Since TIME and PRICE is the basis of my trading
methodology/system/technique etc etc, I just wanted to comment on some
gloss over impressions I got from visiting Mr. Miner's website.

He offers a forecast each week on what I can determine is one market.
Out of curiousity and the ongoing hunger for knowledge, I went to see if
I can glean some understanding as to how Mr. Minor attempts to isolate
market turns an so-forth.

Now of course, since I do not have his course, I cannot provide
'factual' information as to his results, but only an observation of that
which he makes available to the public for free at this site.

When it comes to market turns, I noticed that he uses what appears to be
'time windows'. Now, who doesn't? Even TIME traders like myself,
although posting ONE date, is actually posting a 'time window' of sorts
because we have to allow for a day slippage. Yet, windows that are
greater than 3 days I find may be useful for some traders, especially
those who don't have better, but not useful for the majority of us who
wish to keep our risk exposure down to a minimum.

Smaller time windows provides a higher probability of entering a trade
nearer the actual turn and lowers our risk. The lower the risk, the more
contracts we can put on as well. This opens up greater profit
possibilities.

I noticed that his windows were larger than 3 days, and this concerns
me. Much can happen in the amount of time those windows expose.

I'd be interested in hearing from those who actually use Mr. Minors
materials/programs etc. and what their opinions of the time windows.

Again, I'm only expressing an observation based on limited material
provided at his site. If this observation is in error, please feel free
to make this clear.

cheers!
:)
rick