Re: Floor Traders-Sloppy Executions

In a message dated 97-08-01 23:17:31 EDT, telerate@xxxxxxxxxx (telerate)
writes:

<< In responce to the below message:

 You know... another way to view this 'happy' event is simply that the
 CME has effectively DOUBLED  its fees for the same level of profit/loss
 potential. (Same for the Brokers and Clearing houses.)

 Is the CME offering to split THEIR fees in half?  How about the Brokers?
 Will they also split their commissions in half?

 When it really comes down to it...someone who can't afford a $16,000+
 margin usually cannot afford $8,000 either.

 Maybe thats why the MIDAM volume/OI numbers in the grains are so low
 compared to the CBOT.

 This isn't a complaint....just an observation.

 Success in your trading.

 Ryan Garrett
 telerate@xxxxxxxxxx >>

Yes the CME is lowering its clearing fees !!!!! I cannot recall by how much,
bu tit is more than was expected. As for brokers lowering thir fees, I have
no idea.