Re: RS in TS 2ki will not load

  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 17:12:22 -0600
  • From: Jimmy Snowden <jhsnowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: RS in TS 2ki will not load

This is the same machine but with Xp now not 2000.  You did an XP
install as an upgrade.  Installed TS2ki then copied back PDS, MYWork
and maybe even Universe file.  Then did a clean install of TS2ki where
you cleaned the registry and installed TS2ki again.  Copyied at least
the Workspaces back and still will not load all of them.  Have you
checked the task manager to see what is happening on memory.  How
about the processes.  Any of the TS2ki processes using a lot of memory
when you load the workspaces.  XP craps out if a process gets over a
million K or so of memory.  If you have done as I list above and the
processor & memory are not over taxed then something is wrong with the
Windows install I guess.  I never used Radar screen.  Not my deal.

I would quick format the disk then install XP again then see how it
works.  If that seems like a lot of work then just put 2000 back on.
I loved 2000.  Framed my copy of it.  As long as you have drivers for
all the hardware 2000 terrific. XP is better but not much.

Jimmy

I am running RadaScreen (RS) in TS 2000i with 150 stock symbols at daily
and 15 minute intervals each in different workspaces. When they are
opened about 5- 10 do not load indicated by a "loading..." notice. On
closing and reopening the same thing happens but with different symbols.

One month ago I upgrade from Win 2000 to Xp but made a copy of the win
2000 on another HD. That copy has no trouble loading the RS workspaces.
And Xp running on a 2nd computer, upgraded 5 months ago from win 2000,
has no trouble loading RS in TS 2000i.

This problem seem to develop slowly over the last month. I have done a
clean install of TS 2000i and built the data file pds from scratch
(using eSignal), made new workspaces,  run a virus check all to no avail.

Any ideas about what to try next (go back to the win 2000 copy!?)?
(ZoneAlarm was also uninstalled)