Re[2]: Market Replay

  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 16:28:03 -0600
  • From: Jimmy Snowden <jhsnowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re[2]: Market Replay

John,

They have to believe in the feature and they only have so many people
and time to build the stuff.  Hopefully many more will try for free,
rent or buy so more money goes to features.  Sure makes my life easy.

Jimmy

I think it may have been I who asked about that. I use MultiCharts and
speced out what I wanted for the replay in a fair bit of detail. I asked
for the ability to instantly restart the replay from a new point by
placing the cross hair there and just pressing a button (any chart).
Also I wanted to change speed like the MicroFucus cobol debugger does
where you press 1 through 9 and it instantly changes speed (actually 1
to 0 where zero is normal speed). I asked for a bunch of other stuff but
I can't remember it now. I want it to practice triggering my trades (I
am discretionary), testing my software updates on weekends so I do not
have to waste trading time, etc. I have been holding back on upgrading
MC but I am getting really hungry to try this upgrade so I am preparing
to try it now. The MultiCharts people are great. If a feature has value
they will actually listen. I guess all the dozens of other features I
asked for did not have that much value :-)

John.