Re[2]: Computer crashed - recover my old TS code?

  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 16:50:21 -0500
  • From: Jimmy Snowden <jhsnowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re[2]: Computer crashed - recover my old TS code?

Alex,

You have to turn off that control in the control panel.  User
somethings maybe.  Try to choose the install with a right click and
run as administrator.   Finally try installing it in Safe Mode.

I regret I said some decent things about Vista months ago.  It stinks.
I'm trying to fix the only machine I have Vista on right now.  My wife
gave me until Five and it is 11 minutes from now.  I have my XP SP2
disk ready and I think I will kill that evil %%#&%^$#$*^%

Good luck,

Jimmy

Well, I'm still having problems.  Maybe it's because I'm running Vista
now.

I removed everything, deleted the files, cleaned the registry, and
performed a clean install.

I then renamed the "clean" MyWork folder and moved my old MyWork
folder in its place.

Result 1: PowerEditor runs, I have all my old code, Prosuite runs,
but GlobalServer kept crashing when it came up.  I am not able to
create a chart in ProSuite. As soon as I try to read an ascii data
file, the chart disappears.

OK, then I did a re-install over my current installation. I still have
all my code.

Result 2: ProSuite still won't let me create a chart. When I tell it
the ascii file to use, and tell it the format of each row, the chart
disappears.

Next: Now that I have my code back, next I will back up all my stuff
to an .els archive and performe a clean install again.  I hope this
isn't a Vista issue.

-Alex