Re: Computer crashed - recover my old TS code?

Bob wrote:
>My experience with programs in general is I have better luck
>installing in what Vista calls the Users section which is
>unencumbered by the UAC etec etc.

I have UAC disabled.

I just tried a clean install again, without adding any of my
stuff. Same problem: When I try to load an ascii data file from a
3rd party data folder (Pinnacle EOD data), I get prompted for the
file column and date format as usual, but then ... nothing.  Empty
workspace.

I dimly recall, a LONG time ago, I might have had this problem with
XP.  I don't remember what I did to solve it. Maybe it had something
to do with GlobalServer? I set up GlobalServer for EOD data with no
historybank service.

-Alex