Re: Computer crashed - recover my old TS code?

  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 17:11:05 -0700 (PDT)
  • From: alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Computer crashed - recover my old TS code?

Bob wrote:
>As long as TS is installed in the first place then copying in
>anything (not renaming) should be fine and should not mess up the
>Registry.  I have found only one instance where I renamed something
>and a re-install did not clean it up but as long as you do not
>re-name that should work fine.  This is only my opinion but I see
>nothing wrong and Jimmy has done it many times.

In my case, I originally had ProSuite 2000i installed on my D drive
before my computer died.  On my new computer, I restored my D drive
to my E drive.  Then I re-installed ProSuite.  PowerEditor refused
to run, giving me password errors.  I had to uninstall ProSuite,
delete all the files, and do a clean install.

It works fine now, but the clean installation doesn't have any of
the code I wrote.  Based on the replies (thanks everyone!), all I
have to do is remove the "clean" MyWork folder and move my original
MyWork folder from the old computer in its place.

-Alex