Re: TS 8.4 Bld 1688

  • To: "Omega Forum" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: TS 8.4 Bld 1688
  • From: "Bob R" <bobrabcd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:42:41 -0800
  • Seal-send-time: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:42:41 -0800

I don't have the answer for TS2000 Pro since I am running win xp/pro, but
even so I experienced a surprise.  The installer advised not doing the Copy
>From Previous version of your .eld and workspaces.  The reason cited is that
the full power of 8.4 might not be available.  So I took their advice and
did not do the copy and instead installed a clean new version......My
thinking was I could then do an import from the previous versions
MyWork/TSPRO file.  The surprise was that 8.4 did not see any of my years of
custom code......WTF, so I then reactivated the previous version since TS
won't let more than one be activated.  I ran the old version and thankfully
pit god, all my custom code was still there.

The question then, is where is custom code stored if not in the TSPRO.eld
file.

Next attempt will be to Export the code from the 8.3 TSPRO file and then try
the import into 8.4, unless someone has a suggestion.

Thanks,
Bob