TS 8.4 Bld 1688

Is anyone else experiencing problems installing v8.4 bld 1688 of
Tradestation?  Early in the installation process I get numerous occurrences
of an error box stating "ORPlat.exe entry point GetPerformanceInfo couldn't
be located in PSAPI.dll"  Installation then continues and, at the end,
claims that installation was successful.  However, attempts to launch the
program cause immediate reappearance of the same error message and TS fails
to start.

I am running under Windows 2000 Pro (with no such problems before) but a
phone call to tech support finally elicited the response that I need to be
running Windows XP or Vista.  Does anyone know if this is, in fact, true, or
is this simply a tech-support cop-out?  Thanks.

Carroll Slemaker