Re: Re[3]: Vista - A complete RIP OFF

I wanted to try Vista because I could not believe it was as bad as people
were saying so I decided to try it at minimum expense.  I bought a
refurbished 17 inch Toshiba Satellite P205D-S7802 laptop (AMD duo core).  I
tried for two months and only grew to hate Vista more every day so I bought
a Small Business Dell Vostro 1710 (Intel duo core) and had XP installed at
the factory.  I was about to recycle the Toshiba when I came across a set of
XP drivers for that exact model.  So far it looks good so I may have two 17
inch XP laptops.  If anyone is interested in the XP drivers for this model,
they can be downloaded from:

I used this:
SELF-INSTALL archive link (36912 KB):
RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

The complete folders are all available in:
ALL DRIVERs SET, put in folders (PART 1 - 90118 KB):
RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

ALL DRIVERs SET, put in folders (PART 2 - 56339 KB):
RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Best Regards,

~Bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jimmy Snowden" <jhsnowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "Michael Stewart" <michaelstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Omega-List" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2008 11:44 AM
Subject: Re[3]: Vista - A complete RIP OFF

You don't have to be a non-techie to hate Vista.  I'm blown up right
now and going to try to put XP Pro back on my trading machine.

Oh I guess I could ask if anyone using Multicharts or any other
program has run into a winsock communication error.  Esignal data
program is working fine but I can't get data into MC.  Worked fine
until Friday when I backed up.  Now I find backup is an image file on
my external drive.  Stinking Vista. I really don't have enough hair to
deal with Vista as I rip what little is left out.  LOL.

Jimmy

Hi Dennis, unfortunately this was a new dell, for my son(12), which took
forever to add to the network.  But it is the simple things that
irritate beyond belief like connecting it up to the TV, works no
problem on my 2 yr old dell laptop with xp sp3 but not with his using
Vista.  Then there is the problem with 95% of his games and the boot
time (yawn....), the bloat ware and UAC issues.  We would have
binned it for XP SP3 weeks ago but Dell split the disk 3 ways and
I'm just not sure I can remember as far back as c:\     to sanitise
the disk.

Just seems XP was a golden era,  even a non techie like me could
tune a pc and find workable answers on the net. Now the music has
changed but the kids feel idiots too.  The opposite of progress.

Sunday, September 14, 2008, 5:53:04 PM, you wrote:

D> You can still buy a new Dell with XP if you go to their business
D> section.

7:16 AM