Re: best testing software for intraday trading?

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: best testing software for intraday trading?
  • From: "Gary Fritz" <fritz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 15:11:00 -0600

> The price of the product is a function of marketing. Developing
> PowerST doesn't cost anymore than developing NinjaTrader,
> TradeStation, etc. At the very least, it doesn't cost magnitudes more
> to develop.

NinjaTrader and most other platforms market to a larger audience, and
spread out the cost of development among many customers.  The developer
of PowerST chose a different route:  developing for a very small group of
clients.  It's more "custom software shared with a few others" than it is a
standard software product.  If you're willing to pay the price, I understand you
get extremely good support, good response to feature requests and bug
fixes, etc.