RE: Re[2]: best testing software for intraday trading?

Hi Roscoe,

It has been some time since I looked at their webpage, and your right the
price is now public knowledge...$25,000!! LOL
I was spot in my comments. I can only assume you came across this product
recently (although you say you're a user for several years). It has actually
been in development as long as I can remember...probably way more than 10
years...so the price appearing now, even if a few months ago, is something
new. When people keep development and price a secret, you know there is a
good reason.  All I can say is, it would have to be one hell of a product,
created with institutional level requirements and support.  Mechanica, while
good, is a joke at the price.  It's a spruced up version of Trading Recipes
which was also overpriced at a 10th of the Mechanica price.  Of course I
have never seen PowerST, so I am completely in the dark, but the fact it
only handles daily data sort of validates my point.  Very limiting.  Almost
all the products I mentioned initially can do intra-day simulations.

It is great the product does what you need of it though...that is certainly
a key requirement. I must admit there are no products out at the moment
which completely do what most people require or desire, and make the job as
easy as possible. What made you decide to fork out the money for Power ST
rather than any other the other products on the market at a tiny fraction of
the price? I also assume you're running a large CTA operation or you're a
very large private trader to justify such silly amounts of money on a
simulation package.

Adrian