Re: mfc42.dll question

David,

Your problem is not the DLL but TS2ki.  You have a corrupt workspace
more than likely.  It will not get better, it will blow up one day
and nothing you do will open it.  That is my experience in both
Windows 2000 Pro and XP Pro.  I still have my Windows 2000 disc.
Tempted to go back to it.

While you can keep the workspace running I would copy every format,
signal, indicator, color scheme, symbol... on a piece of paper.  Then
rebuild the whole workspace from scratch.  In desperation you may be
tempted to save the workspace as a different name then open it.
Don't bother but do save it when you rebuild it under a different
name so the next time it blows up you will have the old copy.

Good luck on it,

Jimmy

I've been using 2000i since it first came out and have had very few
problems.
Over time I have proved that win2k excels in performance vs XP. I use xp on
my other computers but for trading platform, I stick with win2k.

The only problem I get is that occasionally the different windows within
the
2000i suddenly white out. By simply closing TS and re-opening, fixes the
problem for a week or two then does it again.

I once noticed a error message mentioning MFC42.DLL as the culprit and
wonder if this may need updating. The version is 6.0.9586.0 and notice in
xp the later version is 6.2.4131.0 and my question is; would it be
possible for
me to copy over the winxp dll to win2k or does it have to be written for
win2k?

Many thanks for any advice,

David...