mfc42.dll question

I've been using 2000i since it first came out and have had very few problems.
Over time I have proved that win2k excels in performance vs XP. I use xp on
my other computers but for trading platform, I stick with win2k.

The only problem I get is that occasionally the different windows within the
2000i suddenly white out. By simply closing TS and re-opening, fixes the
problem for a week or two then does it again.

I once noticed a error message mentioning MFC42.DLL as the culprit and
wonder if this may need updating. The version is 6.0.9586.0 and notice in
xp the later version is 6.2.4131.0 and my question is; would it be possible for me to copy over the winxp dll to win2k or does it have to be written for win2k?

Many thanks for any advice,

David...