Re: Off topic -- page file

Your Page File problems and Machine Slowing could be two different problems.
Page File sounds like corrupt or missing system files
Machine Slowing sounds like malware or some other type of attack
especially if you are connected to the internet when it's happening.
I had heavy slowing using ZoneAlarm and was getting regular popups
from registrycleanerxp so I decided to try a new Firewall.
It was a major improvement instantly, no more popups and the speed
increased.
Comodo Firewall Pro Free
http://www.comodo.com/products/free_products.html
I am also trying Comodo BOClean Anti Malware as well although it
hasn't caught anything yet.
Another one of their programs that looks interesting is Comodo Memory
Firewall which protects against Internet attacks on the Memory buffer
overflow.

best regards
foolsgold