Re: Off topic -- page file

Probably not pagefile.  I set mine to 0 but you only do that if you have lots of RAM.
Many gig.  Otherwise just let Windows do it.  It is going to anyway no matter what you do.

You most likely have spyware or some other process messing with your machine.  First reboot
before the market opens then do a CTRL ALT DEL and open the task manager to the performance
page.  Is CPU high late in the day.  Higher than early? If so see last
paragraph.  How is memory usage?  Now go to the Performance tab.  First choose View then
choose columns.  I choose all of them but you need at least CPU and Mem Usage then Peak
Mem Usage.  Sort by clicking the CPU column header.  Is any process hogging the CPU.  If
so who?  Google the name if you don't know it.  Check Mem Usage also and it verses Peak Mem
Usage.

I fix my children's computers and my grandchildren's computers every single year and this is
usually the problem.  Stuff running they don't need and tons of stuff collecting data on
them.  Also did you change any BIOS settings.  Especially ones that say something about
performance.  This stuff is a pain.  Good luck.

When was the last time the computer was cleaned?  Are all the fans
working?  The processor fan really needs to be cleaned regularly.  How
often?  I don't know.  Depends on how much dust is around it.  A dirty
processor fan and heat sink will slow or just fry a processor.

Jimmy

Gentlemen:

I realize this is off-topic but it's been discussed before & I need help.

There has been a lot of opinion expressed re how to tweak the
Pagefile in your OS (mine's XP Pro). Back when I ran TS2ki under
Win2k Pro it was common to switch off letting Windoze auto-adjust
your PF's size and instead create a fixed size based on your
particular parameters.