Re[2]: vista and 2000i

You would think the new OS would work friendly.  Guess the expert at
TS retired.

I would think TS is not installed correctly.  Did you turn that
process off in the control panel that is supposed to keep unknown or
dangerous programs from running on Vista.  There was a post on it
recently.  My post, being ignorant of Vista, was to install
Tradestation in the Windows Safe mode.

When you have the GS on only it collects data directly.  When you open
charting it gets data from the feed then it goes to the GS.  I don't
know exactly how it should be called but basically charting grabs the
data.  That might be a clue.

I would just try to install in safe mode or better yet with the
security thingy off.

Jimmy

Jimmy yes Global server it was collecting then stopped at market open.  Then
a few minutes ago it started collecting again until I opened charting then
it stopped I was checking Vista settings and allowed  the GS and Charting
just before this so I tend to think that Vista is just being snoopy and
since I have only had it for 2 days I don't know how it works yet.  I did
call Dtn but they don't know TS or Vista except to say that no one is able
to run on Vista.  The box is receiving data and the box speed matches the
com port speed.  I am trying to find the comport in Vista to make sure it is
ok, but if data was coming in until I opened charting then there must be
some conflict that I can't find yet.