From: Christopher McMurry [mailto:sammie91@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2007 5:40 PM
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Converting from Easy Language v.2000i to v.8.3

Thanks Bob,

My friend and I are going to be doing more of passing TS2000i code to TS
8 than the reverse.

So if I have TS2000i code that looks like this:
Buy("BuySig2") unitsToBuy Contracts At buyStop Limit;
ExitLong("XL-Sig2") From Entry("BuySig2") unitsToSell Contracts At
exitLongStop Limit;

it will get converted properly?  Personally I'd rather do the changes
myself...

So these are the only changes?  Or are there others that will be hidden
gotchas?  Anything else I should look out for?

TS2000i      TS8.3

Buy           Buy
Sell       SellShort
ExitLong      Sell
ExitShort  BuyToCover

Thanks much.  I appreciate the advice.

Chris

Bob Fulks wrote:
> At 04:09 PM 9/15/2007, you wrote:
>

>> I'm a TS2000i user.  I am working with a guy who has TS 8.3.  Can someone
point me to some documentation on how to convert Easy Language between the
two?

> TS2000i program archives will be automatically converted to TS8.3 when you
import them.

> Converting the other way is much harder since the language has been
expanded to cover all the new feature. If you can get the T8.3 program in
text form, try pasting it into the TS2000i editor and try to verify it. That
should point out the obvious problems.