Learning to write DLLs for TradeStation (maybe buy some)

Hi,

I am interested in learning about as many DLL programs that are currently available to get data into and out of TradeStation and MultiCharts (or the like). For example getting data in and out via csv files, tab separated files for across computer transfer or maybe direct shared memory transfer for programs running on the same computer. In addition to that, since I am also a programmer of 25+ years experience in languages like (IBM assembler, Cobol, MS-Access VB for Applications, Unix Shell Scripting, etc) but I have never learned C or visual C, I would be interested in speed learning to do this myself via the study of some short cut books and examples of code and methods to get data into and out of TS and MC. Can anyone give me suggestions for programming books, materials, examples, web sites or whatever.

Thanks for any help,
John.