Re: Calling DOS experts

Hello Bill,

Saturday, July 21, 2007, 8:11:49 AM, you wrote:

Brower> Are there any DOS experts out there.  I am trying to view files on
Brower> another machine using the DOS copy command  (eventually I will want
Brower> to use the DOS copy commands).  These machines are on a Local Area
Brower> Net.  The files reside on the machine known as GATEWAYLAPTOP and when
Brower> I run the NET VIEW command on machine "A" it identifies  machine "B"
Brower> as \\GATEWAYLAPTOP.  So my command is:

Brower> DIR \\GATEWAYLAPTOP\C:\

Brower> However I get an error that the file name or directory is
Brower> invalid.  Does anyone know how to do this?

MSDOS adds a hidden administrative share for each drive.
C: = C$
D: = D$ etc.

So the following command should work as you expect

DIR \\GATEWAYLAPTOP\C$

--
Regards,
 Greg

"We know that dictators are quick to choose aggression, while free
nations strive to resolve differences in peace." -- George W. Bush