Re[3]: security at risk?

Jon,

I've never noticed any overhead to speak of on a software firewall
with esignal.  Test your ports at http://www.grc.com/intro.htm under
Shields up.  I like a router.  It makes it more difficult for a hacker
to find you.

Jimmy

Paul

P> Is marketcast going to stop broadcasting?
Yes at end of the month.

P> Why would you?
Just that I already have a hardware firewall and one machine has been connecting from behind it to
pick up abit of eod data every now and again, and haven't had a problem with it. Never had a live
internet feed before, and not knowing how resource hungry it'd be; have wondered about bypasssing
the software firewall/antivirus.

I've used BitDefender since asking from this list (on other machines). It has been good. Seems
unobtrusive. So guess I'd better get another copy.

thanks

--
Regards,
 jon                           mailto:jonmac@xxxxxxxxxxx