Re: Tradestation / eSignal / Zone Alarm firewall

>Do you guys really need ZA or Norton? The Windows XP Firewall uses ZA
>technology but it seems much less prone to problems.

I don't use any of those; I have a hardware firewall. I use a
spyware checker frequently to control software that may try to
initiate connections from inside my home network.

The XP firewall has interfered with things, I recall, so I disable
it.  Zone Alarm is on my laptop (not running TS) and it's more
configurable than Windows firewall.

>It only looks at incoming traffic, not outgoing traffic, but I
>don't see that as a big problem as long as you keep your computer
>free of viruses and spyware.

If all you care about is incoming traffice, a hardware firewall is far
more reliable, IMO.

--
 //  \     Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com
 // __)    HTML FORMATTED MAIL SENT HERE WILL BE REJECTED AS SPAM.