From: Jimmy Snowden [mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 10:08 AM
To: Omega-List
Subject: Re:Best site for tweaking PC

The registry is where windows gets hosed.  So many or most of the time it is
better to just install Windows again to make the registry as good as it
gets.  Unfortunately you have SP1 and SP2... to install also.  Thanks
Microsoft.  If you are still running then install Windows in a different
directory such as C:\Windows2.  Then you get a choice when you boot up.  So
install all your programs where they were, as in on top of where they are
then delete the Windows directory if you want and just run on Windows2 and
and a new registry.  This proceedure really works well but it is a bit
complex.  I prefer to use Casper to backup my C: so if things go badly I can
bring back anything I want from the F:.  Or better yet format the C: then
install Windows and all upgrades from Microsoft you want then install your
programs then copy the data files back from F: to C:.  I just overwrite the
whole folders in most programs.

Jimmy