Re:Best site for tweaking PC

The registry is where windows gets hosed.  So many or most of the time
it is better to just install Windows again to make the registry as
good as it gets.  Unfortunately you have SP1 and SP2... to install
also.  Thanks Microsoft.  If you are still running then install
Windows in a different directory such as C:\Windows2.  Then you get a
choice when you boot up.  So install all your programs where they
were, as in on top of where they are then delete the Windows directory
if you want and just run on Windows2 and  and a new registry.  This
proceedure really works well but it is a bit complex.  I prefer to use
Casper to backup my C: so if things go badly I can bring back anything
I want from the F:.  Or better yet format the C: then install Windows
and all upgrades from Microsoft you want then install your programs
then copy the data files back from F: to C:.  I just overwrite the
whole folders in most programs.

Jimmy