RE: Optimization Speed TS2000i vs TS8.1

Bob Fulks Wrote:
It was faster long before version 8.1.
No this is not true.  TS2000i was 20% faster than all versions of
TS8.0.  In addition TS8.0 could not use external ascii data.  TS8.1
still can't access external ascii data as well as TS2000i

Bob fulks Wrote:
Why anybody still uses TS2000i is beyond me..
I don't find all the so called "improrvements" in TS 8.1 over TS2000i
that worth while. I basically don't need all the "new" bells and
whistles. If I need speed I still have to write a C++ DLL, whether
TS2000i or TS8.1. While TS is clearly a superior trading and testing
platform it is still very slooow as my computation times have shown. This slow optimization speed has not improved by very much from
TS2000i to TS8.1 .

Mark Simms wrote:
What about the case of no DLL call, but Buy and Sell logic in place.
This would isolate the DLL overhead penalty
That time was 9hrs 14min.  This means that TS' s internal computations
take up to 90% of the optimization computation time.  BTW the 1.5
years of 1min bars were from the 24hr JY currency.