Re[3]: Data management

I stand corrected.  It does retain it when you log off.  It has been a
long time since I beta tested TS6.

Jimmy

At 06:52 PM 12/22/2005, Jimmy Snowden wrote:

>TS2ki with Esignal is exactly the setup that TS2ki was built for.  It
>does store all data automatically on the hard drive.  TS6, TS7 and now
>TS8 are all on Tradestations servers.  You get a little temp file for
>data but when you disconnect it evaporates.  So it is like having the
>Global Server in Florida rather than on your hard drive.  Works good
>if your way of doing business accepts that.

Not correct.

With TS8, when you open a new chart and type a symbol, the required data is downloaded from their servers to your machine to fill the chart in a few seconds. This is then stored locally on your machine in a cache file. The cache file is on your hard-disk and stays there when you turn the power off.

There is no "add it to the symbol universe", "make sure the BigPointValue, MinMove, etc. is correct. No need to ever download historical data. Simply type any symbol and the data with all the attributes automatically loads into your chart and the cache.