TS8 ascii data, spread commish (was Re: Data management)

Bob Fulks wrote:

<snip> until the present build of TS8, which can now read ASCII data files... Hurray!

Bob,

Can you please tell us a bit more about this ascii data capability of TS8? I couldn't find much details on it.
1) Can it handle daily, minute, as well as tick data?
2) Can it keep updating the chart in realtime if data points are added to the ascii files?
3) Can I test/execute strategies on ascii charts? How can I specify all those bigpointvalue, minmove etc? It's okay if TS8 doesn't support trading of those symbols; I can take care of that as long as trading signals are generated @ realtime.
4) Any length limitation you know of? (how much tick ascii data it can load - beyond obvious RAM limitations). How large ascii files can be, barring OS limitations?

Thanks,

Abhijit

PS : Anyone trade spreads with TS8? InteractiveBrokers gives me $1458 maintenance margin per pair of ER2 / EMD. Is that or something similar available with TS8. I need the spread commission - don't want to pay 2 outrights. Thanks.