Re: AW: Off-Topic -- Firewall Software

>I liked your CCleaner suggestion. I added it to my collection of:
>
>Ad-Aware
>Spybot
>IE Privacy Keeper and
>ZoneAlarm

Actually, I've found that SpywareBlaster pretty much keeps Ad-Aware and
Spybot from ever finding anything.  SpywareBlaster is a program you run
once.  It updates Internet Explorer and Firefox "restricted sites" lists
and "prohibited cookies" lists with a few thousand entries.  Then your
*browser* blocks stuff, and you don't need a 'bot running in the
background to detect things, and you don't need a program to clean up
after an infection, because the browser itself prevents infection.

SpywareBlaster is free.  The database is updated frequently; I update
mine once per month.

-Alex