Re: Keeping trading system code and parameters

Alex,

That's true. All a relational database does is a concept
that can be done on Excel spreadsheets (db much cleaner
though, but much more intensive programming).

Just grouping items that you make, have with Jurik indicators,
sounds, push pop, etc... cleans it up a lot.
The rest of the name can be the application name-
description. As a Professional Programmer yourself,
yours are more exact I'm sure due to your volume.

For me, when it starts to get confusing, it means I'm not
deleting old ela's fast enough and signals 'house cleaning' time;
since there's a quantity limit on elas' for TS2K I think
like 1000, but not real sure since never hit yet.
You can always Export and save them too and don't have to delete them.

ALEX, how do you block HTML spam? I keep getting GEM
trash stock picks with rotating senders (Msft and GOOGLE
should pick that annoyance for their next project!), and it
looks like its on HTML format.

I can block individual senders at Verizon server
but they just keep changing sender addresses. It may block a few valid mail
when it blocks HTML emails,
but this pisses me off and would justify a small inconvenience. Who knows
what virus crap
is accompanying the worthless emails(!).

Thanks,
Phil

I use a naming convention.  An underscore, some initials, and the
function name.  Maybe a category before the function name.  And I
always use the Notes area for further information so I know exactly
what the code is supposed to do, and I heavily comment it.

Tradestation sucks for categorizing your work.  A class library
would be quite useful.

--
 //  \     Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com
 // __)    HTML FORMATTED MAIL SENT HERE WILL BE REJECTED AS SPAM.