Re: Data Lag with TS 2000i

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for your feedback. It is not the data feed, I have two subscriptions to e-signal and it has no lag with other software.
Internet speed does not seem to be the problem. I'll do some diagnostics with other computers/video cards to see what happens.

I really appreciate your input and tips.

Good Trading

Jimmy Snowden wrote:

If you are using PII 350 MHz for TS2ki then yes you will lag.

I'm sure you are not so google some computer testing software.
Something is wrong. You have to figure out if it is the Data Feed,
Connection to the Data feed or something slowing your machine down.
If you can't then get a pro to come look.

The GS will tell you if you are getting behind MAYBE it worked good on
DTN satellite but I never got a clue on internet feed from it.
However check the GS Performance tab. Especially look at Queue
Performance. I doubt TS2ki is the problem unless you have serious
charting load. Stuff like indicators that are really slow. Seems
doubtful but I don't know what you have running.

Doubt it is the graphics card. Do check to be sure you have all the
latest drivers for everything. Windows 2000 is getting old ya know
so if they don't have new drivers for all your stuff then XP Pro is
the way to go right now. But Tweak it when you get it.

You definately have a problem. A bad one. Start with Internet speed.
Run a test and run a bunch of them. Get a meter, I use DU Meter, to
see what your throughput is. Then check out your data supplier. Who
is it anyway?

Jimmy

I have problems using TS 2000 for day and swing trading because I experience an unacceptable amount of charting lag in fast moving markets (up to 15min behind real time). When I close TS (without shutting dow the GS) and open it again, the data lag resolves temporarily. I have one workspace open with about about 10 charts and about 3 symbols. Reducing it to one single chart in one workspace does not eliminate the lag. I have less than 100 symbols in my GS. I have nothing else open on the computer which runs TS.

I rely on another charting software which is not as buggy as TS 2000 for real time data. Unfortunately, I have some custom analysis tools on TS 2000 which I cannot use on the other charting software.

I have heard rumors about graphics cards being an issue with TS 2000. Is there anyone in this group who has solved the problem I have by replacing the graphics card? I have the same problem on two computers with different graphics cards. If the graphics card is the issue, what card should I get? I am showing my computer specs below.

I would not consider using a newer version of TS, for a number of reasons. I would not purchase another product from a company which dropped TS 2K
support several years ago if they were the only trading software company on earth.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Computer #1

Pentium IV, 2.4 GHz, 1 GB Ram, Graphics card: ATI Rage Pro, 32 MB, Windows 2000

Computer#2

Pentium II, 350 MHz, 512 MB Ram, Graphics card: ATI Expert@xxxx, 8 MB, Windows 2000